|Third Offensive Content.|
Automatic when deployed, placing the two Decoy Markers and the model on the game table, within Coherency of each other. Players must respect the general conditions of the Decoy user's Deployment rules.
- While in the Decoy state, the trooper is represented by three Decoys: the Decoy 1 Marker, the Decoy 2 Marker and the actual model, or Marker if the user has that choice.
- The player must note in secret which of these three Decoys represents the real user of this Special Skill, with the other two being just mere replicas.
- Coherency. The Decoys must be in Coherency of another Decoy, regardless who is the real user. For example, one of the Decoys must have at least one of the other two Decoys in its ZoC.
- The player must perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check after deploying the three Decoys, no matter if the user of this Special Skill is deployed in the Deployment Phase or during the game.
- When deployed during the game, the three Decoys provide only one ARO to each enemy in LoF or ZoC.
- The Decoys are considered real troopers in regards to checking LoF.
- To know if a Decoy is the user or just a mere replica, the enemy must pass a Discover Roll against that Decoy.
- In his Active Turn only, a trooper in the Decoy state may use the Surprise Attack Special Skill.
- In his Active Turn only, a trooper in the Decoy state may use the Surprise Shot L1 Special Skill to declare a BS Attack or a Hacking Attack that benefits from the Surprise Shot L1 MODs.
- This State does not affect Automatic Special Skills or Automatic Equipment.
- The Decoy state of the real Decoy user is cancelled, removing all the replicas and placing the trooper in its real position, whenever:
- The Decoy user declares any Order or ARO.
- Following the previous, the Decoy user declares a Surprise Attack or a Surprise Shot.
- An enemy model enters base contact with the Decoy user.
- The Decoy user is successfully Discovered.
- The Decoy user receives a successful hit that forces him to make an ARM/BTS Roll, or a Critical hit.
- The Decoy user becomes Impetuous (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect) or enters the Retreat! state.
- Both replicas have been removed.
- Whenever the Decoy state of the Decoy user is cancelled, remove all the replicas at the end of the Order that happened. If the user was hidden as a Decoy Marker, replace it with the user's model, facing the same direction, at the end of the Order that happened. If the user is in another Marker state, replace the Decoy Marker with the trooper's Marker.
- The Decoy state of a replica is cancelled, whenever:
- It is successfully Discovered.
- An enemy model enters base contact with it.
- It receives a successful hit that forces it to make an ARM/BTS Roll, or a Critical hit.
- The real Decoy user's Decoy state is cancelled for any reason.
- Any time a replica cancels its Decoy state the player must remove its Decoy Marker from the table at the end of the Order that happened.
- The cancellation of the Decoy state is applied to the whole declared Order. For example, if a trooper in the Decoy state declares a Move + BS Attack Order, they will be considered discovered all along his Movement, even if the BS Attack would be performed at the end of that Movement.
Decoys, weapons, Equipment and states
The replicas cannot replicate those Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment represented by a Marker or model (TinBots, FastPandas, SymbioMates, Mines deployed by the Minelayer Special Skill...) the Decoy user could have.
However, the replicas replicate all the game state Markers (Prone, Unloaded...) the Decoy user has.
Decoy and Fireteam
Decoy and Airborne Deployment
When deploying a trooper in Decoy State using the Airborne Deployment Special Skill, the player must perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check, even though this is during the game.
Decoy and Airborne Deployment Game Example
During the Active Turn, a Shasvastii player deploys a Cadmus Soldier, a trooper possessing the Decoy Special Skill, on the game table using the AD: Combat Jump Special Skill. The player places one of the three Decoys (a Seed-Embryo Marker or one of the two Decoy Markers) on the table. After determining the final position of the Decoy, applying Dispersion if the PH Roll is failed, the player places the other two Decoys, following the Deployment general conditions. Applying the Decoy rules, one of the three must be the real user. The next step is to perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check, only to discover that one of the Decoys is not inside the ZoC of either of the other two. So, the player must adjust its position to be inside the ZoC of at least one of them.
- It has been demonstrated that the best way to increase the survival of the troops on the battlefield especially those troops who, due to their modus operandi, must remain in static positions for a certain time or are deployed in positions very close to the enemy lines is making it difficult to locate them. However, beyond the mere techniques of concealment and camouflage, it is also appropriate to multiply the target choices of the enemy. This technique has, in addition, the secondary effect of causing greater stress to the morale of the adversary, who will appear to be outnumbered.
Those troops whose Seed-Embryo Troop Profile possesses the AD: Combat Jump Special Skill cannot be deployed using any other level of Airborne Deployment.
These troops will be deployed as a Seed-Embryo (SEED-EMBRYO) Marker applying the rule as usual.